Help! White spots on fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I thought you were at 86F. If their gills are beating normally, keep increasing temp. Try and get temp up at a decent pace as most cases require 86F to be effective. It's a tricky one - try to increase as fast as you can per guides in links above without having fish lost. When I've jacked the temp up I've seen rapid gill movement for the first night or so.

Is this a planted tank? Also what was fish stocking again?

"Only" a few fish lost suggests a combination of stress from infection, meds, etc too much for them. It happens unfortunately. I've treated with malachite green / formalin and promptly lost all my uninfected bn catfish (only some mollies had it badly) - where I did put it down to my dose rate / young, scaleless fish.

It's plastic plants for now, I do want live plants soon. And now I have 3 juvenile Angels, 1 juvenile green tiger barb, 1 powder blue dwarf gourami and 2 glofish.

The treatment seems to be working, the ich is almost gone. Only on of the angels still has spots. But I don't suggest using it with smaller fish in the tank I lost two of the smaller glofish and both green tiger barbs

I'm hoping, you have to do this treatment for 10days so I'm halfway there

I just got home from work and went to check on the fish. The black angel that had the worst of the ich, the ich is finally going away but not he had no fins.... is that from the ich? Or is something else going on?

Might be some fin rot or just bad from the ich going. Fins should grow back as long as the base of the fin is still there.

Got any furan 2 or triple sulpha meds?

It looks like the base is there but I'm not too sure cause there's still a decent amount of ich right there but no I don't have any of those meds, I have to run to the store in a little while so I could always grab them. Any specific one I should look for? Sorry I'm new to all of this

No worries on the questions. :)

Furan 2 would be good (or triple sulpha) as they will also help with ich (although very slowly). Both treat for bacterial infections, are very safe and should be ok to dose with the herbal treatment. Basically any antibiotic that treats for fin rot should help though.

I was looking more into it and asked at the fish store, it looked like a cottony growth on his fins. And like I said before I'm new to all of this so I didn't think anything of it, I just thought it was part of the ich but it was fin rot. They said to try the treatment but with how bad it is they're not too sure how successful it will be. So fingers crossed it works and his fins grow back.

Back
Top Bottom