help with Albino danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

o.jonathan.o

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a 40g tank with 8 neons and 10 ghost shrimp and my most recent addition 5 albino danios and I need to know something about these things. They r extremely active and I didn't know.

So my question is, should I keep them or take em back and get a school if cardinal tetras

If you are looking for a slower tank, then you should take them back. Danios are very active. However, Cardinals will require better water conditions and may not be different enough from the Neons. Your call.

Dale_I said:
If you are looking for a slower tank, then you should take them back. Danios are very active. However, Cardinals will require better water conditions and may not be different enough from the Neons. Your call.

Well ya I understand that but I think the cardinals are neat and these one look so healthy. I may do like 4 Molly's (1 male 3 females) but I dont know if they will eat my ghost shrimp

I have 2 Ghost shrimp in my tank and the Mollys dont touch them, I have loads of places for them to hide and they have worked their way in behind the filter.

My 2 female Molly fish have just gave birth! 28 little ones I had, this has now dwindled to 4! ....

danios are very active, fast-moving, busy fish !!
They are great to add movement to the tank and to help shy fish come out (good dither fish)

But they can stress peaceful, slow moving fish.

They are best kept with other semi-aggressive, fast, active fish.
e.g. tiger barbs, livebearers (mollies and swordtails)

Back
Top Bottom