Help with cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably faster than you could do the PWC's, lol. At least if you ever needed to get him out of the tank...you've got rod and reel handy.

Ok so a added ammonia last night and it went strait through the cycle so I am doing a 50% water change then I am moving my fish my plan of attack goes as follows I will fill my rubbermaid bin put the filter on it and transfer the fish into it then move the gravel and decorations from the old tank into the new one just for more substrate then start adding my fish a school at a time

Sound solid?

Ok so a added ammonia last night and it went strait through the cycle so I am doing a 50% water change then I am moving my fish my plan of attack goes as follows I will fill my rubbermaid bin put the filter on it and transfer the fish into it then move the gravel and decorations from the old tank into the new one just for more substrate then start adding my fish a school at a time

Sound solid?

Sounds good. I wouldn't think acclimating them would be necessary since the water parameters would be pretty much the same...but it's never a bad idea. You could actually drip acclimate them while they're in the plastic bin. I just typed this out 2 minutes ago in another thread...but here's the info if you don't have it. Just ignore the part about the pitcher since they're already in a bin. Again, probably unnecessary, but I'm OCD with acclimating fish any time I move them :)

- Float bag (the one the fish are in, lol) for ~15 mins to match temperature (probably unnecessary)

- Place fish and bag water in a clean pitcher (also inside bucket to catch overflow)

- Use a piece of air line tubing and start a syphon from your tank into the pitcher (just suck on the end), then tie a couple knots in the tube limiting water flow so there's a slow but steady drip, drip, drip

- Go watch TV for a while

- Let the pitcher fill, dump out half the water than repeat

- More TV :)

- Once the pitcher fills the second time, I net the fish (pitcher comes in handy) and place him in the tank. Don't let the store water get into your tank!

Almost done dripping lol nitrites are very low like .1-.2 and I got my magic number 10 for nitrates yes!!!! Almost time to drop my stock in

Back
Top Bottom