Help With Finding a Fish For 1 Gallon Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im sorry! I was told ive seen numerous cases of a single neon in nanos and ive also seen it on these forums so sorry that I made a mistake! And please be careful when you say stupid **** like you sound like a petsmart employee. because you never know who your talking to! I work at a reef store! And I did feel offended by that but Ill get over it! Its just the fact that you got on my case when I was trying to help! And I realize that it isnt sidman but I found that this was what I should quote it on! Thanks josh made my day....

Just because you have seen it, doesn't mean you should do it. The reason he said 'that sounds like something a petsmart employee would say' is because what you recommended would not work well at all in the long run. Neon tetras need schools of 5 or more, and at least a 10 gallon tank. A male betta is also likely to be agressive to a single neon tetra in such a small space. I don't know if you saw it or not, but Josh did apologize... ;)

Ok well I will just pull it out then & trash it. If I had a little planter pot I would put it in but I'm a young guy that lives in the city so no planter pots lol dang dang dang

You do have to be careful when buying plants from Petco/Petsmart, because often times they are semi-aquatic, so you have to read carefully :)

Just because you have seen it, doesn't mean you should do it. The reason he said 'that sounds like something a petsmart employee would say' is because what you recommended would not work well at all in the long run. Neon tetras need schools of 5 or more, and at least a 10 gallon tank. A male betta is also likely to be agressive to a single neon tetra in such a small space. I don't know if you saw it or not, but Josh did apologize... ;)

okay At the time there was no betta and I DID say if you must have a fish get a 10 gallon for like $20 dollars... then do some neons

Try a single neon tetra... with a small amount of rocks... and no decor if You must have a fish... or get a 10G tank of $20

This post was made after numerous posts were made about having the betta in the tank :cool: Not wanting to start an argument, just wanted to point that out. The qouted post is much different then the post right above men.

Just a little update for everyone that has helped me on this thread and forum!

I now have a 3 gallon with a veil tail betta in it, a filter & heater, & an airstone with these cool little led lights, as well as a few little decor & a fake plant.
He is doing very well, active, eats every time i feed him, bought him some blood worms recently & he loves them too!
Looking forward to getting a bigger tank hopefully in the next few months or so and getting more involved in this hobby as an aquarist!

Thanks again for everyones help & I look forward to hearing everyones advice in the future!
:)

Just a little update for everyone that has helped me on this thread and forum!

I now have a 3 gallon with a veil tail betta in it, a filter & heater, & an airstone with these cool little led lights, as well as a few little decor & a fake plant.
He is doing very well, active, eats every time i feed him, bought him some blood worms recently & he loves them too!
Looking forward to getting a bigger tank hopefully in the next few months or so and getting more involved in this hobby as an aquarist!

Thanks again for everyones help & I look forward to hearing everyones advice in the future!
:)

Thanks for the update :) Glad to know you are enjoying it as well!.. This is definitely an addictive hobby. Last winter I decided to try keeping fish for the last time as I always killed them and that's when I found this forum. Since then it's ballooned into 3 10g tanks, 2 55g tanks, and a 20g reef! So beware of MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) as both scotty and I have it badly :)

Thanks for the update :) Glad to know you are enjoying it as well!.. This is definitely an addictive hobby. Last winter I decided to try keeping fish for the last time as I always killed them and that's when I found this forum. Since then it's ballooned into 3 10g tanks, 2 55g tanks, and a 20g reef! So beware of MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) as both scotty and I have it badly :)
:lol: What he said! January first will make 1 year of having tanks! I set up a 25g FW Planted tank. Then set up a 2g for some shrimp, a 5.5g for a betta.... Betta passed away so I move the shrimp into the 5.5. Hmm don't really remember what I had between then and now. Some tanks included a 1g pickle jar that I planted, snail tanks, more betta tanks, a 10g tank for some gobies, and a whole bunch of others. Right now I have two 25 gallons, 1 20 gallon, and a 5.5 :) Setting up a 7g rimless on the 1st of 2014, and hoping to set up another shrimp tank! I tried to get rid of some tanks... As you can see it didn't go as planned :rolleyes:

Holy smokes! Hahaha well I always thought the salt water tanks was so beautiful but waaaay too much for myself right now so I figured start small then work up into it as I learn what I'm doing. It's so fun & my girlfriend & I just love sitting on the computer listening to music while we watch our little betta swim around. He looks at us all the time too hahaha so fun I'm already attached to the little guy!

Holy smokes! Hahaha well I always thought the salt water tanks was so beautiful but waaaay too much for myself right now so I figured start small then work up into it as I learn what I'm doing. It's so fun & my girlfriend & I just love sitting on the computer listening to music while we watch our little betta swim around. He looks at us all the time too hahaha so fun I'm already attached to the little guy!

That is a good plan, starting small and working up :)

Weird question haha but, can betta fish eat raw fish by chance? A person told me he feeds his betta very small pieces of raw salmon fish once or twice a month.
Is that good or bad or what?

Weird question haha but, can betta fish eat raw fish by chance? A person told me he feeds his betta very small pieces of raw salmon fish once or twice a month.
Is that good or bad or what?

It's fine as long as the fish has been frozen. Otherwise there is a sizable parasite risk.

Okay thanks! I just seen the betta eat a little piece of salmon he was all kinds of excited! Haha very cool to watch.

I finally uploaded a pretty good picture of my veil tail betta! I don't know if it works uploading pictures on threads but it's on my profile as well.

Attachments

• image-3950329777.jpg
    image-3950329777.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom