Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ainsleythurston

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wrote this earlier, but i need help on my ph for my betta tank.. I cleaned it out and I left it for a 24 hr. period.. It turned out perfect.. Today, however, I left the water out last night and added softner to it and today I checked it and it was so alkaline! He swimming in it now, I just don't want him to wind up getting sick from the fluctuation.. The water I left out didn't stand for 24 hrs. though.. I am also leaving this friday to go to tenn. to my in laws.. I am going to put him in his fish bowl.. I want that ph to be good also! Some advice would be nice for me so I can have a healthy and happy betta!:smilecolros:

The best advice I can give you is to not even look at the ph up and ph down in the shop. Almost all fish will live happily in water that you could drink. If it burns you it will hurt the fish, but apart from that you shouldn't have any problems. The main problems occur when trying to breed fish outside of an ideal ph, but that's not exactly a problem with just one betta :)
Stability is far more important than acidity.

that betta will probably die pretty quikly unless u get it into a tank with atleast a heater, a 10 g tank is usually good for one betta, give him/her a good home and they will last longer they will be more fun when they have a nice big home, you dont really need a filter becuase bettas are surface breathers and dont require a filter but the water will still get very dirty without one and will there for need alot of work to keep clean, so i would get a weak under gravel filter.

Back
Top Bottom