HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

originalnut

Aquarium Advice Regular
just had one of my neon tetras sucked into my stingray filter he is hurt but still breathing and moving but upside down do i leave him will he recover or do i put him out of his misery i would prefer the first but am prepared to do the second as its not fair to him if hes paralyzed but alive or do i wait and see how it goes???????

originalnut said:
just had one of my neon tetras sucked into my stingray filter he is hurt but still breathing and moving but upside down do i leave him will he recover or do i put him out of his misery i would prefer the first but am prepared to do the second as its not fair to him if hes paralyzed but alive or do i wait and see how it goes???????

Oh no, sorry about your tetra. Can you move him to a QT tank? Does he seem to have open wounds? If he does then it's going to be very important to keep him in pristine water. If you can't QT him then all you can do is keep an eye on him. I'd say if it just happened he's probably in a bit of shock, see if he improves through the day, if he makes it through the day without seeming worse he may continue to improve. If he seems to be getting worse then I'd start considering euthanizing.

I suggest waiting to see if he recovers. That happened to one of my baby fish and it survived so a tetra should if he's not too banged up. Just make sure there are no scales missing. You may want to put some thin sponge over the filter so this doesn't happen again. If you have a quarantine tank I suggest putting him in there. He will be in shock so that is probably why he is swimming like that.

im going to clean the filter at some point today so ill look at putting sponge or tights over the holes at the back this has happened twice now first time there was bo injury thus time he seems a bit battered on his fins

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom