Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cichlidguy101 said:
So many problems can't even list them

If you want to try and fix your problems we need to know what they are. We can't help without knowing the problem.

Well none of my plants will grow their all dieing they won't stay in the ground and my fish I had no new fish for about a month and Randomly they all have Diseases

Well none of my plants will grow their all dieing they won't stay in the ground and my fish I had no new fish for about a month and Randomly they all have Diseases

Ok. What kind of plants do you have? (Helps to know how to root them).

How often do you test your water and do pwcs?

What is your light and tank measurement?

Thanks.

Ok, thanks! Do you know what light wattage your bulbs are?
Do you add anything to feed the plants?
What are your water parameters, normally and today, if you know?

Amazon Swords moss ball and a plant I don't know

I found this info on Amazon Swords helpful with mine:
You can cut the roots back to about 1/5-2", removing any black/dead roots completely. Bury it in the substrate right up to the crown level but not more than a few mm past it. The crown is where all of the stalks meet. Swords love to grow roots so once established. Swords are root feeders so using a root tabs either DIY or store bought will stimulate it to grow better. If you want to keep them small with many leaves, you'll have to uproot them from time to time and trim the roots back.

Ok, thanks! Do you know what light wattage your bulbs are?
Do you add anything to feed the plants?
What are your water parameters, normally and today, if you know?

No sure ill tell u tomorrow and no I don't feed them any thing should I and if what and I forget

I found this info on Amazon Swords helpful with mine:
You can cut the roots back to about 1/5-2", removing any black/dead roots completely. Bury it in the substrate right up to the crown level but not more than a few mm past it. The crown is where all of the stalks meet. Swords love to grow roots so once established. Swords are root feeders so using a root tabs either DIY or store bought will stimulate it to grow better. If you want to keep them small with many leaves, you'll have to uproot them from time to time and trim the roots back.

Alright thank you

Cichlidguy101 said:

How many fish do u have in a 5 gallon? And what kind(s)?

Rummy noses should be in schools
of 6+, and cories in shoals of 4+. Just a little info on the fish.

You're right, that's too many fish for a 5 gal. Unfortunately the fish you have now aren't' very suitable for a 5 gal due to their potential size, activity level and needing groups. But that aside for now, what diseases do you think the fish have? What are their symptoms? How long have you had them? Are they eating? Also you said you test your water once a week: what do these test results read (levels of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate will help)? Are you using strips or a liquid kit? We want to help but you have to give us more info :)

As for the plants, the ones you listed are low-light so they are relatively easy to care for. What light is on the tank and how long is it on each day? Are the plants new? New plants often go through an adjustment period where they melt off and then regrow. What do the plants look like to make you think they're dying? If you can post some pics that will help too.

You're right, that's too many fish for a 5 gal. Unfortunately the fish you have now aren't' very suitable for a 5 gal due to their potential size, activity level and needing groups. But that aside for now, what diseases do you think the fish have? What are their symptoms? How long have you had them? Are they eating? Also you said you test your water once a week: what do these test results read (levels of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate will help)? Are you using strips or a liquid kit? We want to help but you have to give us more info :)

As for the plants, the ones you listed are low-light so they are relatively easy to care for. What light is on the tank and how long is it on each day? Are the plants new? New plants often go through an adjustment period where they melt off and then regrow. What do the plants look like to make you think they're dying? If you can post some pics that will help too.

I think the fish have ick I've had them for 2 months they eat and ya it's test that on a stripill send pics later

Back
Top Bottom