Help!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua_Omega

Aquarium Advice Freak
My pacu ripped my RD lip in half,what do I do to fix his lip,or do I do nothing and if I need meds then what are them meds I need to use
image-1678082449.jpg

Attachments

• image-2581044816.jpg
    image-2581044816.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image-4004250272.jpg
    image-4004250272.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 86
  • image-458059803.jpg
    image-458059803.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 104
I wouldn't do anything other than keep the water clean. However you need to rehome someone or things are just going to get worse

I agree, the only other thing I would do is remove the RD and trim the lip with a clean razor blade. Keep the water pristine with a nitrate concentration below 10ppm and he will heal, the lip won't grow back but he'll be just fine. Just remember chicks dig scars!

Last edited:
I agree, the only other thing I would do is remove the RD and trim the lip with a clean razor blade. Keep the water pristine with a nitrate concentration below 10ppm and he will heal, the lip won't grow back but he'll be just fine. Just remember chicks dig scars!

Do u know how I can do it without him fkapping around?

I net the fish then lay him his side on a dampened(soaked through) towel, wrap him gently into the towel and trim his face.

You make it sound like you do this twice a week. Why do you even know this procedure offhand!!?

Meant Parachromis Dovii, or serrasalmus rhombeus. Pretty nasty guys right there. They would with out a doubt put a pacu in its place if they were the same size.

The rhom is one of very few fish that actually scare me. I still wanna own one one day haha.

Back
Top Bottom