Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edyoung

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a couple bala sharks in my tank, one of them swam into a decoration and got stuck in a hole in it. When I found it, it was stuck rigorously trying to get out. I pushed him out of it right away. He is now missing scales above his head and and a chunk out of his rear fin. I'm afraid it may die, and if it survives, if its fins/ scales will ever grow back

Thanks

Ed

Attachments

• image-94327119.jpg
    image-94327119.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 65
  • image-346975433.jpg
    image-346975433.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 66
He's moving slow, keeping shelter in the drift wood. Seems to be swimming fine, but it looks like it scratched its eye too. I added extra start right, and some aquarium salt and have been keeping the lights off. Don't know what's best?

He should be fine. I had a female Betta do the same thing, got herself stuck in a very small hole some how. I have no idea how long she had been stuck but I got her out, she was stunned for a little bit but bounced back no problems. She actually had a ring around her from where she was stuck. As mumma said, keep the water clean & watch your guy.

Looked scary when I got home today, all the damaged scales and fins were falling off. After watching for a while though the fish is swimming more normal and seems more lively. I think everything's going to be ok

Attachments

• image-1114534895.jpg
    image-1114534895.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom