Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, i need help fast. My Maroon clownfish has a huge bump underneath him where he poops. It's a big around as a dime or maybe even a nickel and quite distended. Does he have something stuck in his belly? Is there something I can do to help him get it out? Please help I have had this fish from day one.

Do you have a QT ready? If not, that should be your number one priority, in case you decide he needs treatment.

Does the bump look solid, or like a fluid-filled sack? What color is the bump? What is his regular diet?

Yep thats already taken care of. The bump does look solid, like he's constipated. the streched skin looks yellowish but no scales sticking out or anything. Almost looks like he's fanning himself (it's actually a her but I can't get outta the habit of calling her "him"). It doesn't look like disease at all. Is it possible she is constipated or getting ready to lay eggs? I don't have a male in there but she has to be about 5 inches now. her behavoir has been different for weeks. Not her mean self lately and SOMETIMES she breathes kinda heavy.

Oh and I feed the tank angel formula and pgmy angel formula and also formula 2. Rarely, but once in a while I feed Life line, brine shrimp plus and ocean plankton (cube form). I have some angel formula I haven't tried yet that has fresh water in in to help purge the system, should I give that a try?

I would recommend that you ask in the 'sick fish/coral' section of the forums. I would have no idea how to help with this, but some people who stricktly read those forum posts might.

If it's constipation, then green foods like algae or peas may help. I'm not convinced that's it though.

Back
Top Bottom