Here is my jump into reef JBJ nanocube 28 intermediate LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Capncavey said:
I just found a great way to calibrate my refractometer, you know all that condensation you get on your hood...see where I am going:) btw it's same temp as water in tank.

All that condensation is saltwater though. My refrac in had to calibrate using RO/DI water

Try calibrating it between rodi and evaporated, curious as to results

My coco wasn't out when i woke up or when I got back from work so moved it to a spot with less flow. Poked the fro out and looking happy.

Looks like I might have a little ich issue. Gramma has white spots and appears to be trying to scratch his side.
Thinking about filling up 2 gallon bucket with water and dropping in a heater and cu based meds. How long would it take for him to get better? Was also thinking of just siphoning in water from DT to refill the quart I take out each day. That would replenish the oxygen enough wouldn't it?
I know I need QT but no room for it.

Capncavey said:
Looks like I might have a little ich issue. Gramma has white spots and appears to be trying to scratch his side.
Thinking about filling up 2 gallon bucket with water and dropping in a heater and cu based meds. How long would it take for him to get better? Was also thinking of just siphoning in water from DT to refill the quart I take out each day. That would replenish the oxygen enough wouldn't it?
I know I need QT but no room for it.

Not sure if that will work. Is that the only fish in there. Sorry cant remember read to many post. He will need light and a hiding place to help with the stress. It takes 4-6 weeks I believe for the ick to die in your DT. So you can't have any fish in the tank until it dies. Use the search on here and read up. Post a pic if you can

Made it to lfs and picked up some "microbe-lift Herbatana" guy said he used it in DT with no adverse effects.
As it stands my coco worm doesn't look to pleased
So let's go over stock
Fish; royal gramma, firefish, and blue spotted goby
Corals; frogspawn, favia, red mushrooms, finger leather, monti
Others; coco worm, cleaner shrimp, 2 red leg hermits, blue leg hermit, 2 nassarius snails, 2 Astraea cones, spiny Astraea
This is my journal on how this herbal remedy works

If it is indeed ick you would have to QT all the fish. You can't just take the gramma out because the bacteria lives in the tank and will host another fish. Be careful adding stuff to the tank. You don't wanna kill anything. What store did you go to

Underwater world at mall. Hope I didn't just make fowlr tank

Capncavey said:
Underwater world at mall. Hope I didn't just make fowlr tank

Well he is the only one I would trust and I just read some threads about it cause I was interested and it seems to be good stuff and didn't read anything about it effecting corals. Some say that some of there corals retracted some after dosing but no dead ones.

Day 2 and gramma is still scratching side. Coco does not like the dosing 1 bit but was out like normal this morning.

Capncavey said:
Day 2 and gramma is still scratching side. Coco does not like the dosing 1 bit but was out like normal this morning.

Keep us up to date. That way we know of anyone has the problem. Let us know how the water params react

Day 3; gramma and goby were scratching like mad when I woke up. Goby ate gramma not so.
Returned from work and everyone ate and did not see any scratching. Doesn't mean a lot yet, could just be cycle of ick.
So gonna take it to a new level after reading how this parasite lives. I am going to shut down lights earlier and about 1 hour after lights go out going to do 3 gallon water change then dose tank. Going to do that till Halloween.
I believe it has a 28 day life cycle so if herbs keep them away from fish that might do it.
Btw goby got a face full of meds and was not pleased at all.

Well not sure what to call this so this will be day 1 of nightly water change and med. so far fishies still scratching. They are eating which is good.
Btw who ever gave my goby a builders permit I would like it revoked ;). He is rearranging corals that are not on the original plans.

Btw who ever gave my goby a builders permit I would like it revoked ;). He is rearranging corals that are not on the original plans.

Ha! That is awesome! Your goby has a builders permit and mine received his excavating license!

Called it quits on Herbatana and got a QT today at petco. Going to start hypo tomorrow. Hope the goby doesn't mind to much.

Back
Top Bottom