Heres the plan.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've decided on buying a 29g from petco. (I've got 10g tanks coming out of my ears at my parents houses) so I plan in temporarily putting my fish in a 10g, until I can afford to do a full upgrade on their tank. I'm getting ready to go hunt out some deals at the local pet stores.... Gonna go price stuff. I'm gonna need some type of hoods for both the 29g and 10g. A new tank heater for the 10g.... Also lighting..... and Possibly a tank heater for my 29g. My current heater in my 15g is rated for up to 35g, but it looks foggy: I always let it cool off before doing a water change, and have always been very careful with it. I inspect it frequently..... I've looked all over and haven't found any cracks, I'm not sure if its even cracked.... Has anyone else had this happen?

Also if you guys know of any good brands or good deals, let me know please.

^^unless I. An stumble on a cheap 29g online used or something.... I'm waiting till the 20th to buy the tank...

Personally you should shop on line for all the accessories and products you need. Prices are cheaper, you can often find free shipping, and save yourself a bunch of money over buying retail.

just make sure the product you get is good because petco/petsmart will replace things that malfunction if you have the reciept but online thats not always the case

I agree with rivercats. Don't waste a bunch of money. petsmart is expensive. You don't really need the hoods anyway. A piece of glass with a light works just as well. or just leave it open.

I've never ran across an online store that doesn't have a return policy. Read it first if in doubt. If you buy on ebay check and see if the seller accepts returns. Never have had an issue with online buying and I have on rare occasion gotten a malfunctioning product. Many places like Fosters and Smith often replace bad items without you even having to return them.

I found a 29g tank with hood and light for 58.00 at petsmart. That seems like the best deal so far..

Here's some of the prices I found.... And why I think that deal might be the best....

The tank in sale at petco: $29.00
A glass hood: $20.00
A T5/T8 bulb & fixture ( I can't remember): $39.00
LED fixture: $47.00
LED fixture & hood: $60.00
Hood & Tube light: $41.99

I will also need a new heater: $25.00

I will be looking online for equipment, but not the main parts of the tank... What do you guys think, it seems no matter how you pair these items to where I have a tank, hood, and light, that its not cheaper than $58.00

Ps I really need the hood due to the weather in Missouri and how fast the water evaporates, also I have a dog, so hair is in the air....

Remember when looking at LED's most are not for use in planted tanks. Fine if you want a fish only tank.

I'm in Missouri and none of my tanks have lids. It's a personal choice unless you have fish known to be jumpers. I have 3 dogs and cats too.

Remember when looking at LED's most are not for use in planted tanks. Fine if you want a fish only tank.

I'm in Missouri and none of my tanks have lids. It's a personal choice unless you have fish known to be jumpers. I have 3 dogs and cats too.

I went ahead and got the hood with the tube lighting. I have a 5g tank with only a partial hood and it loses a cup of water every two days. And the dog hair is always on the top. I do wish I didn't have up have a lid, would of been cheaper, but I had to do what I had to do. Where in Missouri, I live in columbia so pretty much in the middle

Back
Top Bottom