Hermit crab shell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveness123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. My hermit crab seems fine and healthy but it's shell is going white. Not sure if I should be worried or not

Here's some pictures
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390609056.080801.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390609083.375639.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390609105.478172.jpg

Thanks for looking and any advice would be greatly appreciated

Looks like dead coraline? Either way, a hermit does not make its shell. It just finds what it can. In other words, the color of the shell is not indicative of its health.

Wow that was fast thanks for the reply. There's loads of spare shells in there for the little guy. Hopefully he will move shell soon then so I can get it out my tank it looks ugly.

Wow that was fast thanks for the reply. There's loads of spare shells in there for the little guy. Hopefully he will move shell soon then so I can get it out my tank it looks ugly.

Sure np. If you want, you can try and see if you can remove the white gunk off the shell. It should come off if it's dead coraline, though it won't be easy.

Things is it never had anything growing on it when I got it and I've had it nearly a month now. I noticed earlier before work

Back
Top Bottom