Hey All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DisneyMatt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good evening everyone!

I'm new here to the forums, and I am VERY new to running a saltwater aquarium!

I have been interested in having a saltwater aquarium for many many years, but I have never been patient enough to properly set up and maintain one.

I have had a 55 gallon fresh water aquarium successfully up and running for about 18-20 months now. We were using it as a "stepping stone" to get me in the habit of water changes, and monitoring the aquarium and such before diving into a saltwater aquarium.

We have been talking about and planning a saltwater aquarium since well before I started the freshwater aquarium. Finally, last night we went out and got a nice 60 gallon aquarium and stand combo! (It was on sale a petsmart for $174.99 regularly $349.99 a deal we just couldn't pass up!)

Anyway, now that I am heading down the road of running a saltwater aquarium I thought I would go ahead and join the forums as a place to share my experience, and provide advice as I learn!

I look forward to getting to know you all!
~Matt

(P.S. The "Disney" part of my name comes from my huge love for Disney. . . Also, I was a Disney Cast Member for many years!)

Welcome to AA! Congrats on the new tank. Explore the SW section. Lots of info, questions, and answers. Check out user builds...members often go into detail of what materials and equipment were selected and why, experiences with products, livestock selection.
Cool side note about the Disney part.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like a pretty exciting project! Glad you joined the community.

Do lots of research and check and double check what the lfs and others say. When a tank size or combination for stocking is or isn't recommended, follow the guidelines from experienced keepers until you are one, lol. There is usually a reason for the don't keep one of these with one of those...

Have fun!!!

Welcome to the forum. If you end up with any pics, check out the SW or FW photo of the month for that months theme. :)

Back
Top Bottom