hey! new here and need help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lomeli562

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey everyone im happy to be here ive been coming to this site for months looking for help and now im asking for help! I have a female adult black moor and shes been laying on the bottom of the tank all day does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

It is a 20 gal high water parameters are
Ph-7.4
Ammonia-0.25-0 ppm
Nitrite-0.25-0 ppm
Nitrate-160-80 ppm
The tank does not have a heater and water temperature is about 70 degrees, i do realize the nitrates are extremely high but i have no way to reduce them. My tap water tested at 40 ppm

You have ammonia. ANY ammonia is very dangerous. Also, tap water is gonna end badly. Try and get RODI water. Do you have a filter? You need to make sure the water is getting oxygen.

I have an aqueon 30 filter its rated for a 45 gal tank and is there any special percautions i need to take for the RO water? Also my levels have remained at that for months i have a tropical community aquarium same parameters and everyone is fine is there any reason why it would of affected my black moor now?

The tank is about a year old and i had other fish in it before so im assuming it should be cycled if not then it is near the end

Black moor has made some improvement i switched her to a tropical community tank and now she is swimming for short periods of time the 20 gal was left empty and the ammonia and nitrites dropped to 0 nitrates are betweeen 40 and 80 ppm should i put her back?

Id try get the trates down more and maybe look into a bigger tank gold fish have a big bioload in a bigger tank this may be easier to control

I would leave her in the community tank but with her the tank is a little over stocked and i dont have a heater in the 20 gal actually does anyone think that might of been the problem? Also when i moved her she spewed a bunch of eggs dont know if that matters i figured it was from the stress

I dont know much about the eggs as such but instead of getting a heater maybe look at a chiller? It will keep the water at the right temp still i dont know if heaters go that low and in summer the tank may exceed the heater anyway

That sorta swing could be harmful to the fish im no expert tho haha i would look into getting a chiller and setting it at 68 that way you will never go above

Back
Top Bottom