Hi Angel fish feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Am Joltz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! so on top of the flakes i feed them which they love and eat! i decided to try to feed them freeze dried brine shrimp so they are like flakes only in cubes of dry brine shrimp. anyway it said to feed 3 times a day which is way to much since my Angels are still young but i decided to crush half a small cube and put it in and they seemed to eat some of it but a lot of it just ended up floating in the tank which i removed after 20 minutes.

So my question is do the Angles just dislike the food? Or did i just put in way to much food for them? should i try again tomorrow just a tiny corner though or get rid of the food?

There are 4 small angel fish in my tank. And i put in half a small cube for them all and it blew up and made the tank a mess i had to clean up.

With freeze-dired food you should soak it in a bit of tank water outside of the tank for a while until it goes from a cube to just a bunch of individual brine shrimp. In my experience the individual shrimp catches their attention as "food" more for some reason and they seemed to really enjoy it. I've always had to do this with freeze dried tubifex and brine shrimp.

Next time, pre soak it and add just a little at a time. Keep adding more until they stop eating it. If they still seem disinterested then maybe they just don't like it.

Mine eats whole shrimp (not in the form of pellets) but only started eating them when his body was about silver dollar sized. They are probably just too young to be interested

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom