Hi guys, an emergency here, reply asap thank you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.music

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and dont know much about fishy keeping.

Here I start off having a ten gallon tank last three weeks and cycled within two weeks(ammo 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20) So I have this cute little betta friendly dalmation molly bossy, two guppies two white clouds two harlequin rosbara 1 ammona shrimp 5 ghost shrimps and plenty of plants.

Today bought led system by marineland and noticed how one of my haelequin has faded turning gray not so much black on its triangle. But it is eating alright just a little red on the gill but not somuch like dark, like helathy red ones I think... But I am afraid because I had lost 4 of them before:banghead::banghead::facepalm:. SO any body's help appreicated.

Another one is my white cloud minnow, one of my white clouds stomach is alittle round, dont know if it is bloated or having eggs? I have seen the other guy(completely flat and normal) constantly chasing the fat guy around. IS it having eggs or...bloated? Any body help thank you...11111!!!:popcorn::popcorn::dance:(y):whistle:

Its really late but im not so sure that is a good combination. Mollies can be agressive, betas will nip the guppies tail, and i dont konw much about minnows, but i imagine they can be skittish.
In a small uncycled ten gallon tank that can cause stress to the fish, and lead to disease outbreak.

Welcome to the forum!

Red gills sound like an ammonia burn indicator. How do you test the water? Test strips or liquid test kit? Test strips are invalid, the give false info. Invest in a nice API Liquid Freshwater best kit. It will do you good. Also, I doubt that the white cloud is having eggs. Not all the fish are compatible temperature wise either. White clouds prefer cooler waters, and the others are tropical fish. But that's beside the point right now. Do a 50% water change with dechlorinated water. We'll go from there.

oh i just did a big water change yesterday. I use prime water conditioner, it is cycled because on api liquid master kit the ammo is 0 nitrite is0 nitrate is 20 so i really dont know what to do now....... please help than you

There's only 2 reasons I know of that causes the gills to be red like that.

Ammonia burns and gill flukes.

You have no ammonia present if you tested correctly so that leaves flukes.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom