Hi new here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naddabomb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so this is my first sw tank the names Danny. I'm going to pick up a Hagen 130 show tank in the next couple of days and a Fluval 205 swell as the 405 I'm hearing do not use the 205 due to no air pressure so I'm selling that at a discount to a buddy my main question is after I have bought my second 405 what would you recommend I buy. Not to sure about anything yet if anyone could point me in the direction of what I may need to get to house a reef and fish safely and friendly no aggressors keep in mind it's 130 gallons for this newbie I have tons more questions but this will do for now

Naddabomb said:
Ok so this is my first sw tank the names Danny. I'm going to pick up a Hagen 130 show tank in the next couple of days and a Fluval 205 swell as the 405 I'm hearing do not use the 205 due to no air pressure so I'm selling that at a discount to a buddy my main question is after I have bought my second 405 what would you recommend I buy. Not to sure about anything yet if anyone could point me in the direction of what I may need to get to house a reef and fish safely and friendly no aggressors keep in mind it's 130 gallons for this newbie I have tons more questions but this will do for now

First of all welcome.. those are canisters correct or HOB filters? Next should be a heater? What other things do you have ask right away alot of help on this forum.

Naddabomb said:

If your doing reef safe you will need special lighting if you doing Fowlr then reqs are alittle less.. good place to start would be what kind of fish are you looking at getting?

Also will have to understand the cycle process.. im sure someone willpost a link ..more importantly you willneed alot of patience.

I'm looking to get a reef friendly enviro going I would like some leathers and clowns Juss for the start nothing to extravagant yet. Am I able to have live rock + fish + frags= a safe habitat? I have lots of space so I would love to know some good combos now for a heater what would u recommend for my 130 gallon? And also what is hob exactly
- Thanx danny

Do I need a sump if I'm using Fluval. I dnt have space for another tank plz help lol

Naddabomb said:
Do I need a sump if I'm using Fluval. I dnt have space for another tank plz help lol

In saltwater, it's always reccomended to have a sump coz the more water volume the better! Canister filter is actually designed more for freshwater. You will
Also need to clean it often and it's a bit tedious during cleaning. So, you still can use fluval but please be prepared for the above

Naddabomb said:
I'm looking to get a reef friendly enviro going I would like some leathers and clowns Juss for the start nothing to extravagant yet. Am I able to have live rock + fish + frags= a safe habitat? I have lots of space so I would love to know some good combos now for a heater what would u recommend for my 130 gallon? And also what is hob exactly
- Thanx danny

H.O.B stands for hang on back.. what the majority run... dump its needed right away but will help alot if u run s refugium in it to control your nitrates.. im not sure what size heater u will need I think at stores it says what its ratings are. U will also need some power heads to circulate your water.. id recommend 2 rated at above 800 gph..

I just got my tank a couple of months ago. I was told that I gotta have a protein skimmer. U might want to think about that too

Back
Top Bottom