Hi! Newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! As you can tell, I am new here, and I actually just found this site. I have a 5 gallon fish tank (NOT MUCH AT ALL) that had some small guppies in it. Well, One of my guppies died and was stuck on the filter, so i turned off my filter and took out the fish, then plugged the filter back in and all this bad stuff shot out, like a bunch of random I would say dirt or something, and then the water started foaming, then all my guppies died. I guess maybe it was because the filter hasn't been changed for awhile, and that maybe next time I should add water to the filter once I plug it back in. Well anyway, I have cleaned my tank and now I am looking to see what kinds or kind of fish I should put in my tank? Maybe one Betta? As I hear you should only have a limited amount of fish in a 5gal tank. Sorry for my long story, but this is my purpose for being here, and to meet other people who know a lot about this stuff, and for me to learn all this stuff and eventually get enough funds for a bigger tank!

Best,
Brandon

Welcome to AA. :)

We have some great members who should be able to help you through your issues. (You may get more answers if you post your answers in the freshwater forums!)

Hi. Welcome to AA. A Betta would do okay in a five gallon, but that is the minimum. As they say, bigger IS better with aquariums.

Bettas are beautiful and goofy little fish that will steal your heart. Bettatalk.com is a great and informative website all about the care and breeding of bettas. I've found it very helpful with my Betta, Allie.

Like I've said, welcome to AA and enjoy the forum! :D

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Thank you all for welcoming me to this site!! Thanks for the great info and yea I think I will post in the freshwater forum.

Back
Top Bottom