Hi :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vikask

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Got a 30G and 46G aquarium off Craiglist. ( Only intended to buy one but couldn't resist)

30G was cycled and came with a Pleco and Oscar and realized that aquarium was too small for 12 inch Oscar so gave both fishes away. After running it clean for 3 days got 3 Gold fish ( Oranda, Ryukin,Fan tail ) . Everything was great till ich breakout , followed by Red sores on the Oranda.

This is when I discovered this forum and thanks to all of you my fishes are almost back to normal.

The 46G is almost cycled ( fishless cycling ) Nitrites came down from 4 ppm to 0.25. Ammonia has been 0 for a while. I will give it a day or two before I do a final waterchange. Took almost 4 weeks.

welcome to AA! you might wanna think about putting your goldies in the 46g when it is done the cycle because they get pretty big and need lots of water volume (very messy fish!). a 30g would make a great peaceful community tank!

yes planning to move the goldies to the 46G one but want to wait for 2-3 weeks so the fishes do not go thru any other stress.

Yipeee .. 46G finally cycled

Yipeee 4 week and 2 days and 46G finally completely cycled. ( Needed a lot of patience with fishless cycling)

Now off to moving the Goldies from 30G to the 46G one at a time.

Back
Top Bottom