high tech aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tell me about your high tech setup! Not just high tech planted but high tech in general.
What do you do with techbology that others dont know how to or dont know can be done. From automatic top offs, to awesome lights timers, to automated water testing. I want to hear all about it!

I have a full aquatronia system

If the

Power goes out
The temp drops or goes to high
Ph goes to high or low
The redox goes to high or low
The sump level goes to high or low
The conductivity changes
Or I get any water leaks

It sends me a SMS message

Also if I send my tank a SMS message saying info it send me back all the readings like this

AQUATRONICA:
Temperature 83.6'F
PH 6.99
Redox 378mV
Level LIV2
Water Leak Dry
Water Leak Dry

I also don't do ANY water changes as a 50/50 of pure RO and hma water pumps in 24/7
It changes about 200 gal per day and drain via a overflow in my sump that goes to a main drain

I also run a big fluid bed (sand filter) that can deal with a 10,000 gal heavy stocked pond this maybe over kill for a 1,000 gal tank but you can never have to much filtration but it's very easy not to have enough

image-2184030992.jpg

I have a full aquatronia system

If the

Power goes out
The temp drops or goes to high
Ph goes to high or low
The redox goes to high or low
The sump level goes to high or low
The conductivity changes
Or I get any water leaks

It sends me a SMS message

Also if I send my tank a SMS message saying info it send me back all the readings like this

AQUATRONICA:
Temperature 83.6'F
PH 6.99
Redox 378mV
Level LIV2
Water Leak Dry
Water Leak Dry

I also don't do ANY water changes as a 50/50 of pure RO and hma water pumps in 24/7
It changes about 200 gal per day and drain via a overflow in my sump that goes to a main drain

I also run a big fluid bed (sand filter) that can deal with a 10,000 gal heavy stocked pond this maybe over kill for a 1,000 gal tank but you can never have to much filtration but it's very easy not to have enough

Holy cow that is awesome! Is that a system you buy or did you make it?

Holy cow that is awesome! Is that a system you buy or did you make it?

You buy the controller and power bar then add the bits you need to monitor You need the power bar as all of the control modules plug into it via its fairly expensive but well worth the money if you have as much money as I do rapped up in fish

You buy the controller and power bar then add the bits you need to monitor You need the power bar as all of the control modules plug into it via its fairly expensive but well worth the money if you have as much money as I do rapped up in fish

That is awesome! I just want to be able to turn my led lights on a few different modes with a timer lol

That is awesome! I just want to be able to turn my led lights on a few different modes with a timer lol

All my lights also run from the plug bar

I can dim them slowly or add dosing pumps and a wave maker

I have a full aquatronia system If the Power goes out The temp drops or goes to high Ph goes to high or low The redox goes to high or low The sump level goes to high or low The conductivity changes Or I get any water leaks It sends me a SMS message Also if I send my tank a SMS message saying info it send me back all the readings like this AQUATRONICA: Temperature 83.6'F PH 6.99 Redox 378mV Level LIV2 Water Leak Dry Water Leak Dry I also don't do ANY water changes as a 50/50 of pure RO and hma water pumps in 24/7 It changes about 200 gal per day and drain via a overflow in my sump that goes to a main drain I also run a big fluid bed (sand filter) that can deal with a 10,000 gal heavy stocked pond this maybe over kill for a 1,000 gal tank but you can never have to much filtration but it's very easy not to have enough
Wow! Can we see some full tank pictures? :) I bet those are the happiest fish in miles!

I use a x-10 home automation system for lights and pumps. Programmed to cycle lights and power heads and it has a wireless remote. With it I can control every thing including main pumps, skimmer and DIY dosing pumps. It's also controllable via my iphone.

I use a x-10 home automation system for lights and pumps. Programmed to cycle lights and power heads and it has a wireless remote. With it I can control every thing including main pumps, skimmer and DIY dosing pumps. It's also controllable via my iphone.

Very cool!

You can't beat controllers once you have had one you never knew how you lived without one

I think you will agree

You can't beat controllers once you have had one you never knew how you lived without one

I think you will agree

Anbody recomend a good cheap light controller? The coralife one I bought doesnt work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom