Hitchhiker on Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nolan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just recently gotten this rock with a mushroom coral on it. It has a lot of nice coralline algae on it and a very healthy mushroom. I noticed there was bubble algae on it. I first using a flat head screw driver after giving the coral a dip took off all the algae I could see while making sure I kept washing it off in separate water that went down the drain. I then added it to my quarantine tank. I have had it in there for about a week now and I haven't seen the algae, but I am wondering what is on the rock. I see to the far left that there seems to be a feather duster and along the rock there seems to be some smaller white feather dusters. But then in the middle of the picture you can see what I first thought was a polyp, but I am worried whether it is aptasia. Can you let me know what this is? Also the white tubes next to it, what are those? And if I need to please tell me how to get rid of them.

Attachments

• IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5163.JPG
    IMG_5163.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5164.JPG
    IMG_5164.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 100
Tube is ok IMO ,the other is aptasia.
Kill it remove it.
many will offer their methods.
There are products to kill aptasia(aptasia X).

Tube is ok IMO ,the other is aptasia.
Kill it remove it.
many will offer their methods.
There are products to kill aptasia(aptasia X).

If i take it off the rock with a flat head screwdriver and keep this rock in the quarantine tank for a while and it doesn't show up again is it okay to go in the display?

Kill it however you want.
QT will not change anything about aptasia IMO.
If more show up you kill them.
They are a nuisance but not one that is all that hard to kill.

Back
Top Bottom