HLLE research link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very interesting study. I currently run GAC in a low flow reactor, looks like I may be revising my current setup.

Very interesting. It is a shame that studies so valuable to the hobby like this are so hard to come by.

I`ve seen that article and I really dont think that is the smoking gun. I have seen Tangs with it and the owner never used GAC ever. It might be "a" cause but not the only cause. Many causes have been speculated. Vitamin C defieciency and static electricity are two to name a few. Here is a few links I like on it.

Marine Head & Lateral Line Erosion: A Description of the Syndrome and a Review of its Speculated Causes by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Head and Lateral Line Erosion Disease: Identification, Cause and Treatment

If it could be related to dust more than what type of dust, perhaps it is an infection caused by failure to filter our those small particles? HLLE in freshwater normally affects fish in bad water quality and it's those tanks, the less clean ones, which are more likely to have floating particulates. Would that relate to saltwater too?

I think I remember when this study was being conducted and ultimately states that there are numerous perceived associations with HLLE of which certain chemical interactions warrant a higher grade of products (something I hope most try to achieve anyways).

Back
Top Bottom