Hob filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the aquaclear 50, so double my tank size, and 200gph, 8 times my tank size

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good choice. The only media you'll need if you choose to use what came with it is the sponge that goes in the bottom of the media basket. Just be sure you rinse that very well when you do your water changes. Like I mentioned before, you will have no nitrate build up at all if you toss the sponge that comes with it and buy a bag of polyfil from walmart or somewhere. It's cheap, lasts a long time, and it's safe. Plus its easier than cleaning a sponge every week. Just grab a hand full and spread it on the bottom then flatten your bag of seagel and whatever else you want to add over that and you're done.

I like the filter so far! My only complaint is that it's slightly louder than I would like, especially because it's in my bedroom. However it seems to be getting a little quieter now that it's been running for a few hours. Perhaps it just needed to break in.

Yeah mine's in my bedroom too and although they aren't silent, AC's are the quietest hob's around. You can turn down the flow by moving the back of the intake tube on the top of the filter to the right. Not sure if you'll need to with the 50 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My aquatec 40 that I've got on the freshwater tank, I literally cannot hear at all.

All the AC 70's and the 50 I have are very quiet. I bought a 30 and it was a little noisy so I exchanged it for another and it was noisy as well. Not sure what the issue was there. When I say noisy I mean that I could actually hear them running. I have several tanks in my room and funny thing is that the only ones I can hear are the tiny Azoo filters on my betta tanks! Of course the Eheims on the 40b are completely silent. I check the surface of the water sometimes just to make sure they're on!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom