HOB Refigium help please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just got home from a long drive to buy a used CPR HOB Aqua Fuge.

My concern is that this thing is heavy filled up. It is 18" long and my tank is only 30 gal. Is this designed so it will not pull on the glass?

Do you think this weight is ok on the tank? The guy from my reef club I bought it from had it on a 46.

Thank You

I would think you should be OK since it is verical weight and not pulling back. If you are concerned Get a 2x4 cut it to the right height and use it as a leg under the center of the CPR to the floor taking the weight off the tank..

Good Luck,

Well he also had a DSB and I just removed it and it is not as heavy

Thats almost the same setup that I have been running for 2+ years. The water on mine has been all the way up several times and I havent had any problems as of yet. Just hope I didnt jinx myself!

fuge

It has been running and seems to be fine. I was lucky enough to find someone in my reef club that is giving me enought chaeto filled with pods to fill the entire thing. I am pickig it up Saturday.

You're likely gonna have to run the fuge light on the same cycle as the main. That's not a problem IMO anyway. It's just that the light will shine so much into the tank if you tried it at nite when the main is off. At least that was my experience.

light

You are probably right. My light does not get here til tomorrow. I was going to spray a piece of acrylic black and use it as a shield at night? Think that will work?

Back
Top Bottom