Holy fish fry batman!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, my fry are about 2 weeks old now! They are doing well. I was watching them eat this morning and they are starting to show color! The area on their sides that are supposed to be black are getting darker. The pic is of the adults so you know what black part I'm talking about.

Here's a picture of one of the little guys! You can kinda see the black coming in. Bad quality iPhone pic. Sorry.

we just set up the ten gallon next to the 75 last night. We have a total of 11 babies now! They obviously cant stay in the net much longer so we put the water from the 75 into the 10 so they arent being put into all new water when they go into the 10gallon. cant wait for them to have their own tank to swim around in

Copachick said:
we just set up the ten gallon next to the 75 last night. We have a total of 11 babies now! They obviously cant stay in the net much longer so we put the water from the 75 into the 10 so they arent being put into all new water when they go into the 10gallon. cant wait for them to have their own tank to swim around in

My little ones will be 3 weeks old on Wednesday. I moved them and their tank decorations (driftwood, lava rock, Anubias and lemon Bacopa) into the 55 gallon today. I made a little driftwood cave they can hide around. Now they have plenty of hiding spots do the bigger fish don't chase them. They are too big for the big fish to eat, but still small enough to get chased around. I hope they are happy in their new home!

Im sure they are!
I think one or two of ours are about 3 weeks old. Then a week later we found a few more. I think we have a total of 11 we had in the net. We just transferred them over into their 10 gallon last night. So far they seem happy. we have floating plants and caves for them to hide if they want, but the whole tank is theirs to swim and not worry about a small breeder net or other fish chasing them.

Copachick said:
Im sure they are!
I think one or two of ours are about 3 weeks old. Then a week later we found a few more. I think we have a total of 11 we had in the net. We just transferred them over into their 10 gallon last night. So far they seem happy. we have floating plants and caves for them to hide if they want, but the whole tank is theirs to swim and not worry about a small breeder net or other fish chasing them.

The bigger fish are leaving mine alone and they each have their favorite places to hang out and hide. They are doing well! Good luck with your fry!

Is she pregnant? I was trying to identify the gravid spot. If so, about how long til fry? She's not very plump right now.

I'd say shes pregnant. i cant tell if theres a gravid spot though. She looks exactly like one of my platys. I think some platies get bigger than others before they have their babies. atleast thats what it seems like for mine

I haven't updated this in awhile. Minnie mouse still looks pregnant. My hi fin variatus must have given birth. I saw a couple fry by the driftwood the other day. I thought they'd all been eaten by now but there are 2 hanging out in the hornwort. Here's a picture of one!

Also, my 2 surprise fry - the ones I started this thread for, are doing well! Growing everyday! I've attached a not that great photo of one.

Yeah, the other day I found one then I moved all the tank mates out , then I found another seven!!! They are all fine . They are in a ten gallon , some are in a hatchery in a bigger thirty gallon. :) hope they survive
Ps : I feed mine crushed flake food. ;)

Samzter said:
Yeah, the other day I found one then I moved all the tank mates out , then I found another seven!!! They are all fine . They are in a ten gallon , some are in a hatchery in a bigger thirty gallon. :) hope they survive
Ps : I feed mine crushed flake food. ;)

That's what I've been feeding mine. They seem like they do well with it.

Back
Top Bottom