Homemade decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rudfudge

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive just been cutting my tree down in my back garden. Ive had some really cool looking branches come from it which i know will look great in my tank. I was wondering if anyone knew how safe this was or has any previous experience or advice. Obviously i will clean and soak for a good month before placing in my setup. Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kind of tree? Also the branches need to be "dead" and dried completely out. If it came from a tree that's alive then you need to strip the bark off and leave it to dry for a sufficient amount of time in the sun, like all summer. A year would be even better.

What kind of tree? Also the branches need to be "dead" and dried completely out. If it came from a tree that's alive then you need to strip the bark off and leave it to dry for a sufficient amount of time in the sun, like all summer. A year would be even better.

Yeah you could dry it like that, ive heard of people baking them too.

TBH, i went to the park and just choose whatever i want and boil em a few times and throw em in.

It was from an apple. It was live but dry. No shoots or leaves on it. Its in the sun now. I was thinking. Bake as its quite large then soak for a few weeks to make it water logged and go from there. Wasnt sure if thats safe or really what the baking process is

Thanks for that. From reading different threads and google. I find its a very mixed response if this is a good idea or not

Does anyone know the baking proces?

Back
Top Bottom