Hoplo catfish unwell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shadowmarine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all I have a big problem with both of my hoplo catfish they where originally fine and acted normal, but all of a sudden they have gone like this I'm very concerned as I love hoplos and I'm finding it really distressing as I don't know what to do any help would be great thanks all

Water parameters
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Nitrates <10ppm
Ph 7.0.

Was a photo meant to be posted? Any other signs or any tank changes when it started? Water specs look great - need more details :)

Sorry it said it had on the website I'll try again they seem to swim like upside down and it circles and random jolts they seem to have lost motor control and nothing's changed in the tank since I've got them just normal maintenance

Oh I forgot my tank did become infected by an internal bac infection due to a certain pet shop it took a few douses of different meds to clear it would that effect them?

Could be if the timing would match. I've had fish with a bad reaction to meds. Is it just the loaches (no other catfish or loaches?)

If the infection is gone (?), perhaps a water change and carbon if the filter has it. I'd suggest a water change anyways just in case.

Cool I'll do a water change and see but no other fish are acting like this all others are fine thanks for the help though and I'll let you know how they get on :)

Thanks, yes - keep us posted. Fingers crossed that it is that.

Edit - just a thought. Did you check ammonia, etc just in case the meds knocked around the bb?

Back
Top Bottom