Hornwort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
liljosh609 said:
Nope. I just threw them in the tank and prayed. Ha. I was on a trip for a week and hen I it back 3 stalks were at the surface. Maybe if I break it they will start growing again. I put a small piece in my little betta bowl 3 inch. Long no lighting, just by a window with full sun ray blockage, and that dang thing grew at least a foot. Then the betta died and got rid of everything.

You should dose at least some ferts, even if its not much. Or your plants will stop growing, wither and die eventually.

This is weird, I think it just hit a growth spurt one I cut in half just hit the surface. Why would the plant eventually die?

I have hornwort in my 10 gallon with stock lighting with no ferts and its taking off. But for some reason I can't grow it in my 36 gallon ha wish I could help:(

Is it by a window? Bc It grew well in a bowl sitting in the window. The windows were even tinted to block uv rays from the sun. But the hornwort didn't care. Haha

Back
Top Bottom