Horrible pet shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigben2057

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to a store today called "pet pros" never been their before and saw they sold salt fish. The aquariums were covered with either blue green or green hair algae,cyano barely could see the fish it was horrible. I asked the lady about the clowns and mentioned the algae and she said the tanks may be covered in algae but theirs nothing wrong with the fish. lol! The clowns looked like they were about to die... What do you think will the algae eventually kill the fish? One of the clowns had a sunken in head.

Algae won't kill fish, but its a very obvious sign that they do not care for their fish. I would suspect their fish are sick and stressed. I would never buy fish from a place like that.

I wanted to see what they knew about salt fish so asked what kind of fish that is and they were like ummm its a firefish lol it was a tomato clown....

bigben2057 said:
I wanted to see what they knew about salt fish so asked what kind of fish that is and they were like ummm its a firefish lol it was a tomato clown....

Is it possible that it was a fire clown? They're a little different than a Tomato. Also called a Red Saddle clown.
LFS still doesn't sound worth it's salt!, but just a thought. :)

Back
Top Bottom