Hospital Tank Size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, it was a great 7 month honeymoon period with my PBT, but what many had been telling me was inevitable since I got him finally happened, he came down with ick...

So, it is time to start thinking about treatment. Here are my current fish.

1 Talbot Damsel
1 Red One Spot Damsel
1 Midas Blenny
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Cherb Dwarf Angel
1 Yellowed Eyed Kole Tang
1 Powder Blue Tang.

As of right now only the two tangs are showing signs of ick. I had intended to sell the PBT off but obviously I can't do that with him having ick so it looks like I will be keeping him for awhile longer. In any case, I hear you really need to treat all the fish if one has ick to ensure you rid you entire display of it, so I am planning on that.

I currently have a 10g tank I used for quarrantine that I am setting back up. That was fine when I was keeping one fish at a time in it, but obviously it can't handle all of them. So right now I am planning on using the 10g for everything but the tangs.

Questions:

1.) How big of a hospitl tank do I need to house two tangs for a 4-5 week treatment. The PBT is 4" and the Kole is 2".

2.) For the 10g, is the PVC I had in there for quarrantine purposes still good or do I need to add a substrate because of the number of fish?

3.) What medication do you recommend?

EDIT: Sorry guys, I thought I was in the disease forum, can a mod please move this thread there? Thanks.

1. I would recommend a 20long QT for these two fish.
2. The PVC will be fine. Do a bare bottom tank with daily water changes.
3. I would not use any Rx in the QT. I would condiser a Hyposalinity Tx instead.

Back
Top Bottom