how a refugium works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I built my own refugium based on the cpr...I built this thing and really dont know how it works..I know what it does..but... Ok. I have this pump with a tube attached to it thats feeding into the refugium. then the first section has a short wall..some space(for sand and macro or what-not) and then a taller wall with an outlet going back into the tank. the inlet part is about an inch from the bottom while the outake is a little less. my question is that when I hang this thing on the back and start to get it work...will gravity take over the second half of the operation or what...do I need a pump to pump it back into the tank...Im curious how the water goes back into the tank...im thinking gravity..and if so is that have something to do with it being above the water level of the aquarium. I dont know. hELp mE :roll:

The CPR hob refugiums use gravity to flow back into the tank. The small Rio ph on the inlet side will pull water in from the main tank. Just plug and play.

Back
Top Bottom