How can I add current?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip_lx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've just started up my 10 gallon and its currently cycling(had it going a day). I am replacing the tetra filter with an aqua clear later this day but I would like to add more water movement to the opposite side of the tank(the flow seems to stop about halfway down). I've seen powerheads referenced quite a lot but will these work without an undergravel filter? or would running an air pump with a few air stones or bubble wands be good enough for me. there are going to be live plants in the tank so is a powerhead needed or would the airstones work?

In a ten gallon the AC should move plenty of water. The airstone will probably give you more than enough water movement. Are you planning in injecting CO2? If you are then, you dont want to use the airstone as the surface agitation will gas off all of you CO2.

also think about the kind of fish u wanna keep...if they don't like strong currents, then u r better off not adding anything else. as rich mentioned before, the AC would provide sufficient filtration

well as for my filter should i get the 100gph or the 150gph filter? for whatever reason its cheaper for me to order it online than buy it at the actual store. fish I was thinking a single beta and probably a school of tetras perhaps

~edit as for the co2 i don't think i will be injecting any i plan on having some micro swords and let em spread out around the tank

flip_lx said:
well as for my filter should i get the 100gph or the 150gph filter? for whatever reason its cheaper for me to order it online than buy it at the actual store. fish I was thinking a single beta and probably a school of tetras perhaps

~edit as for the co2 i don't think i will be injecting any i plan on having some micro swords and let em spread out around the tank

If you're talking about petsmart, you can print out the page with the price from their website and take it into the store. Just go find the same filter and take it to the checkout line and give them the printout. They will match their price.

I went with the AC that was for 10-30g tanks for my 10g. It lets you reduce the flow if you want.

I did that. Online prices are usually at LEAST 25% cheaper. Even Petsmart's own website prices, too.

Back
Top Bottom