How did u break your first bone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just thought of this because everyone laughs at me for how I did mine

I was at Tafe for my apprenticeship and it was afternoon break and we all got a little hungry so while walking to the cafeteria we realised the gates were locked so we decided to jump a wall my friend went first then me now I was hanging off the wall just about to drop and the top of the wall ripped off and I landed straight on my hand

I broke 3 bones and have been off work for the past 6 month from it I have has 3 lots of surgery and had wires put in and removed I also had my tendon and ligerments in my hand cut to free it up was the worst pain ever

Here is a pic after my last surgery

Attachments

• image-1976167610.jpg
    image-1976167610.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 26
you never take the short cut it always takes longer that way

but looking at your hand ouch that had to hurt

If you need a good physical therapist I know one ;) me

Ouch! That looks like it hurt.

Worst thing that ever happened to me jumping a fence was getting my back pocket caught in chain link and ripping out the seat of my pants, lol.

Haven't broken any bones yet, or even gotten real stitches (knock on wood) but my worst injury was probably slicing up the side of my wrist when I was about 6. I was with my mom where she worked because it was summer and her boss was cool with me just hanging around so my mom didn't have to pay for a babysitter, and she was ringing up a customer when I happened to come running behind her carrying an empty glass bottle (back when fruitopia came in glass, lol) going to throw it away. She stepped back on instinct to let the drawer open, I tripped on her leg, and went flying, landing about six feet away, on the hand with the bottle. It shattered and cut a half inch deep, three inch long gash on the side of my wrist. A salesman that was in the store loaded me and my mom into his car and took us to the hospital since my mom was panicking. The doctor decided butterfly stitches would work, and that's why I still have a big scar down my wrist 17 years later... Funny thing was, it didn't bleed or hurt at all. I somehow ended up missing pretty much any blood vessels or nerves.

So you aren't alone in getting injured for doing something you should have known better than to do!

Ok, so I was teaching karate as usual, and I had to teach this self defense technique with a flip kind of thing, I ended up breaking four of my toes, my ankle, and dislocated three of my back vertebrae, ouch

Ok, so I was teaching karate as usual, and I had to teach this self defense technique with a flip kind of thing, I ended up breaking four of my toes, my ankle, and dislocated three of my back vertebrae, ouch

Ooooh, I'm so sorry. Back injuries are rough, especially when you're young since you usually have to live with the after effects of any back injuries for a long time. And back pain sucks. My back is all kinds of messed up - I have something related to scoliosis where my back bends in the wrong direction but front to back instead of from side to side.

Ouch, I have heard of that, sorry, when I did this, I couldn't even walk right from the pain

No broken bones but I had a bad car wreck when I was 16, a few of my friends and I decided to go gravel roadin' (my friend was driving). The car ended up going into a fish tail and my friend stupidly slammed on the brakes. Needless to say we started flipping immediately. The car went nose over end 203 feet and only touched the ground three times. I slammed into the windshield 3 times, fractured my nose, when my airbag came out I was slammed into the seat ripping nine muscles along the right side of my spine in half. My right shoulder was dislocated, I had glass in my eye, bruises across my body from the seatbelt but thankfully no broken bones. The good thing about it all was that we wrecked in front of the sheriffs house so help was there immediately.

I have never broken a bone (lucky me) i remember when i was younger i always wanted to have a broken bone because than i could get a cast and everyone could sign it haha looking back i think that was such a stupid thing to have wanted i don't think i understood that breaking a bone hurts!

I broke my collarbone when I was 14, the horse i was riding decided to throw me off! Not thinking i had damaged myself i got back on and rode it to the stables. Went home sat for over an hour my mum asked why i was rubbing my shoulder told her what happened so she looked her face went white my bone had pierced through the skin, straight to casualty for me were my mum spent the whole time with her face in a sick bowl :)

No broken bones but I had a bad car wreck when I was 16, a few of my friends and I decided to go gravel roadin' (my friend was driving). The car ended up going into a fish tail and my friend stupidly slammed on the brakes. Needless to say we started flipping immediately. The car went nose over end 203 feet and only touched the ground three times. I slammed into the windshield 3 times, fractured my nose, when my airbag came out I was slammed into the seat ripping nine muscles along the right side of my spine in half. My right shoulder was dislocated, I had glass in my eye, bruises across my body from the seatbelt but thankfully no broken bones. The good thing about it all was that we wrecked in front of the sheriffs house so help was there immediately.

That sounds horrific! You were really lucky. Couldn't imagine going through that

The paramedics on scene said none of us should have walked away from that wreck, they were shocked they weren't cutting bodies out of the car because it was called in as a possible J-4 (<-- death)

I broke my collarbone when I was 14, the horse i was riding decided to throw me off! Not thinking i had damaged myself i got back on and rode it to the stables. Went home sat for over an hour my mum asked why i was rubbing my shoulder told her what happened so she looked her face went white my bone had pierced through the skin, straight to casualty for me were my mum spent the whole time with her face in a sick bowl :)

Something similar happened to a friend of mine when he was about 14. He crashed his bike coming home from school, broke his collarbone, and also didn't notice until his mom asked why his arm was hanging funny. His bone didn't go through the skin, but you can still feel the place where the bones knitted back together. He also managed to slice off the tip of his middle finger in elementary school in a door hinge.

And butterfly, that was a bad accident! You really are lucky. Thankfully I haven't been in any accidents that bad, although a drunk driver came feet away from killing me. Took the bumper off my ex's car instead.

I was actually in a car crash about a month ago I just got my new car a nice Holden v8 and let my friend drive it we went around a corner and without any warning he pushed in the clutch revved the car like crazy and just dropped it of corse we lost control going all over the road and finally a tree ended up stopping us we were doing 60km/h not sure what that is in miles but all damage done to me was I snapped a ligerment in my pink finger and the other damage has been done to my mate wallet 15 thousand to fix my car

Attachments

• image-3043784873.jpg
    image-3043784873.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 15
I was actually in a car crash about a month ago I just got my new car a nice Holden v8 and let my friend drive it we went around a corner and without any warning he pushed in the clutch revved the car like crazy and just dropped it of corse we lost control going all over the road and finally a tree ended up stopping us we were doing 60km/h not sure what that is in miles but all damage done to me was I snapped a ligerment in my pink finger and the other damage has been done to my mate wallet 15 thousand to fix my car

I'm guessing he never gets to drive your car again?

Yea we were amazed that the air bags didn't go off

Oddly enough, in the accident I mentioned with the drunk driver, where they hit us going probably 60 mph across the front end of the car, airbags didn't go off. We were shocked, the front fender was torn off, the car was totaled, and no airbags. Same thing when I hit a truck a few months ago going maybe 40mph. Crumpled the hood of my car, but the airbags didn't go off.

Why did I hit a truck? These two idiots were trying to back a boat on a trailer into a driveway across a highway in the dark. With no lights other than the dim headlights of the truck, which was across the whole highway so the lights weren't even really visible to oncoming traffic. And one of these two geniuses said he was going to stand nearby with the light of his cellphone shining to warn traffic, but he didn't want to waste the last of his battery. And they asked the police that came to the scene if they should try again to get the boat into the driveway, and the look this state trooper gave him was priceless. Lets just say this guy's insurance bought most of my new car. Worst part was, this was the day after I got my car back after like 6 months of it not running. But thankfully none of us were hurt, even the betta fish I was bringing home that night. Lucky is still swimming, despite getting tossed to the floorboard, losing all his water, getting some untreated water to swim in until I could get home (thanks to the guys I hit - they may have been idiots, but they were nice) and then getting his cup dropped when I got home because I was still shaky with adrenaline.

When I was in 6th grade, 11 years old I was playing lacrosse, got hit and broke my collar bone. I didnt know it was broken but I heard and felt the snap plus it hurt like crazy so I went to the bench where my coach grabbed it, told me it wasnt broken, told me to go back in and "stop being a baby" (it was the championship). For those of you that know or have played lacrosse you need your shoulder, every time I moved it I heard and felt it pop. After the game it hurt so bad that we went to the hospital and the bone was going in 2 different directions. Needless to say my parents were not too happy and I still dont like that coach.

Back
Top Bottom