How do i

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthony96

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do I fix a fish with nitrate poisoning is they some stuff I can give it.

Lots of fresh, cured water via PWC. If you use Prime, you can dose the tank to 5x the norm if your no2 is really high.

+1. Do a large water change right away (add dechlorinator!). Why are your nitrates so high? Is your tank fully cycled? Are you testing water and doing regular water changes?

Be careful doing big water changes if the nitrate has been really high for a while... You can shock fish that have been living in high nitrates. It's called old tank syndrome (OTS). But, what are you calling high? Other than some of the super sensitive fish, nitrates spiking aren't going to cause any major issues if you get it under control in a timely manner

Thank you rookie, I was reading nitrite not trate. My apologies to the OP. You will want to do daily small change 20% or so until the number gradually gets where you want it.

rich311k said:
Thank you rookie, I was reading nitrite not trate. My apologies to the OP. You will want to do daily small change 20% or so until the number gradually gets where you want it.

:p Ha! So did I rich, since I've never seen a posting on no3 poisoning at AA. PWC are still the best choice.

Back
Top Bottom