How do you feed live food ????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a Green Mandarin yesterday and its all over the place. Maby cause its eating the heavy populaton of pods. Im going to get live food tomorrow at Petco or LFS. Whats good live food to get and how do I feed it to my Green Mandarin. I have 1 filter, 2 powerheads, and 1 skimmer. I dont want the food to get sucked up the skimmer right away and the fish to eat it befor the Green Mandarin gets any and ect... How can I get the food in the live rock so the Green Mandarin can eat.

They should pick and eat all day long. A suggestion (and this is just a guess), if you buy pods, I would turn off all water movement devices, and maybe use a turkey baster to squirt them under the LR, but this is just a guess....Some one else might be able to help. They really require a mature tank of about 12 months, for the pod population to support one.

Most stores won't carry the live foods that mandarins eat. You will most likely need to order them online.

Attachments

• dorymarlin_145.jpg
    dorymarlin_145.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 170
And even at that....many times the commercialy sold pods are actually to big. Oceanpods.com are not bad.

Your best bet is to get a bunch of Chaeto from a local reefer. Also make some rockpiles in the sand where pods can breed.

Do you have a fuge?

How long has tank been established?

How much LR?

The reason I ask is to help because many mandarins starve to their death.

Back
Top Bottom