How do you guys think my setup is going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gunsmoke25

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've had my 36 gallon bowfront tank up and running for about 3 weeks..slowly been adding more stuff in the tank as I go but I think I'm getting maxed out on room if not already there..what do you guys think? I have 8 glo red tiger barbs, 6 striped danios, 2 cory catfish and 1 raphael striped catfish..am I full yet or can I squeeze in some more zebra danios? I also have no idea the amount to actually feed them..i do a decent little pinch once a day..also have three live plants in the an anubis plant, a swordtail plant, and some tall hairy looking plant..tanks been starting to look a little cloudy but I read that was normal for a new tank

It sounds like you have not cycled your tank. The cloudiness is a bacterial bloom and I bet your ammonia level is high. Have you checked it? Not only would I not add more fish, I'd take some out if you can. You need to cycle the tank. At this point you need to start doing some large water changes. Read up on aquarium cycling.

Cycled it for about 2 weeks with just a couple of zebra danios in it..ammonia level went up a tad bit the other day but nitrite and nitrate levels are good

Two weeks is usually not enough. Keep an eye on the ammonia - should be zero. Frequent water changes are the key here. Definitely do not add more fish until things are under control.

Just a quick side note. WHEN you are able to add fish you should add more Cories as they prefer to be in groups of 4 or more

Back
Top Bottom