How do you keep up with all the power plugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I'm having a little difficulty finding room for all the power cables for my 5 fish tanks+hedgehog+computer in the same room. How do you guys manage?

My dad added outlets to the basement for me to set up more tanks. I'm lucky he's handy like that, because I am not. I also use higher end power strips and I keep a fire extinguisher in my bedroom next to the door in case of electrical fire.

My father in law is a retired electrician and taught my hubby the trade. So if I need an extra outlet, hubby does the work.

As for keeping track of what cord is what, I tag them and mark them. I get those sticky file labels, write what the cord it (filter, heater etc) and wrap it around the cord.

I just use a quality power strip with a breaker built in. My 180 draws less than 5 amps, and there's a lot of stuff plugged in... Most residential circuits should be rated for 20 amps, so run them at less than 15 and you should be good. Now if that same circuit shares a TV, computer, several large tanks, and so on, you may have an issue.

Back
Top Bottom