How high do you keep your water level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Approximately high do you keep your water level?

• 16 - 20 centimeters ...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21+ centimeters ...

• 5 - 6 centimeters from top of aquarium

• 9 - 10 centimeters ...

• 11 - 15 centimeters ...

• 4 centimeters from top of aquarium

• 1.5 centimeters from top of aquarium

• Total voters
just use google if you cant figure out inch to cm.... even though its a old thread..... who really measures how high they keep the water?

people voted but really did they go measure lol and when filling up do they have a ruler to make sure they dont go above that? lol

I'm guessing at least 10 of them did :D. I'm pretty sure I didn't, but it was awhile ago.

Until It's high enough such that I won't see the glass even if it decides to evaporate a bit.

I think my tank looks better when you can't see the surface of the water from the front. So I fill so it's just above the bottom of the black trim around the top. There is a small shelf all the way around to put on a condensing tray I tray to make sure it doesn't go above that.

I'm setting up a new tank which won't have a hood, I'm expecting to keep the water level there a little lower, if only so that if e.g. the table it's on gets knocked, water won't spill over the sides.

Back
Top Bottom