How long do black skirt tetras live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slroo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my black skirts for a year now, and they were already 4 yrs old when my coworker gave them to (forced them upon) me. Is this unusual? How long do these guys live, anyway??

I had my black skirts for 6 years. Terrific fish!!!!

Awesome! I have had mine for about almost a year now, bought them when they were wee-bitty things. They really have great personalities, I'm glad to hear they will be around a while :)

Okay this is a freaky, sad coincidence! I asked this question yesterday because I was watching my biggest one and he seemed to be moving a little slower than the rest. This morning I woke up and he was dead. I'm so bummed! I've gotten quite attached to these guys in the last year. I guess five years is a good long life, considering he spent the first four in my coworker's son's green cesspool of a tank.

yes, I think so. They are one of my favorites, even if they ARE very common.

I have 2 of them in my 55 gallon tank that are 5 years old. That even after living 4 years in an overstocked under water changed 20 gallon tank.

I'm a big fan of them also. But my wife wanted guppies because they're more colorful.

I think the BST look like mini Angels in a way. I might just feed the guppies to my 75 gallon tank and tell her they died and fill the 55 with more BST.

I have one that I think mose's kept as a pet lol its been through everything and one of the healthier fish I have lol I love them, quick little guys too lol

Back
Top Bottom