How long for lights on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tiger terror said:
Here's a pic,just keep in mind its from my phone..the shimmer effect is actually very visible,I also have a glass top for the tank...if it were me I'd just keep the light you have&add a 48" coral life....also all plants are live plants...

I actually like it. It doesn't dominate looks more like a real moon light effect. I'm gonna keep what I have add the other light for viewing and then I can use all timers. Now I have a 48" black hood light. Is the light your talking about, the coral life, is that a bulb I can just replace the tetra bulb the hood came with?

Most likely not,forgot to add that the coral life are high output t5's&most likely your tetras are t8's. Which means different balasts.. I have another tank w/a reg 48" coral life t5 over it&the lighting is more than sufficient for viewing..if your into plants these lights are good for growing...also the reg 48" coral life cost me $69.99 before taxes from my lfs...

tiger terror said:
Most likely not,forgot to add that the coral life are high output t5's&most likely your tetras are t8's. Which means different balasts.. I have another tank w/a reg 48" coral life t5 over it&the lighting is more than sufficient for viewing..if your into plants these lights are good for growing...also the reg 48" coral life cost me $69.99 before taxes from my lfs...

Thanks that's probably what I'll do to save money. Instead of paying 200 plus shipping. Just use the one I have and replace that cheap bulb the hood light came with. That light is so dim and is just a poor quality light in general.

Back
Top Bottom