How many bags of Eco-Complete should I get???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well for 3" the calculator is saying I should use 7 bags, but I am liking your idea of using plain black gravel to increase the bulk.

You have any idea of how much gravel I could mix in with the eco-complete?

heh..i just double checked that calculator...i have no idea what i originally entered as my data, but i may need to order another case of eco or buy two bags of plain black gravel...

Only reason I am thinking of mixing is to cut the cost down a little, but I am worried if I mix too much gravel with the eco-complete I'll be taking away the effects of the eco-complete.

Any ideas on a ratio I should stick too if I mix gravel and eco-complete?

see, my tank is going to be 55 long and 18 wide...you're tank only has more volume b/c of the height, which i wanted to avoid going over 20" b/c of lighting. in your case, you could easily get away with 6 bags of eco and one or two bags of plain black. i would buy the six bags of eco, but only add five to the tank initially with one bag of plain gravel. see where that gets you. if you think you need more, add that sixth bag of eco...if not, take it back or set up a 10 gal :)

Back
Top Bottom