How many bubbles / how much co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29 gallon planted tank... with a hagen co2 reactor set up. It is producing a bubble of co2 every 2 minutes or so. This is a fairly new set up and I am nez to planted tanks. Do I need more co2 ? I have around 10 plants in this tank now .

Is the bubble diffuser worth it or should I tie int my filters outlet.

Thanks Plant Newbie :)

That Hagen System won't be able to produce enough CO2 out of the box for your 29Gallon Tank. You would be best off putting together a couple of 2L Bottle generators (possibly more) and alternating the week that you change these out. Feeding the CO2 directly into the Filter will be much more efficient, but could damage the filter. If you check out some of the links in the CO2 Sticky, you'll find some very good instructions on the various DIY CO2 designs. That Hagen System is basically DIY CO2 in a pretty package with premeasured ingrediants.

i have this in my 20 gallon and get a bubble every 5 seconds. there are atleast 5 bubbles in the diffuser at one time. i am seeing some major differnce in the growth of my plants since adding ti but with a 29 gallon u may want to find a bigger set up. the system is reccomended for a maximum 20 gallon tank

I have pressurized Co2 on my 29 gallon poducing about 1 bubble every 4 seconds. The number of bubbles you want will vary with different tanks, but I can tell you that 1 bubble every 2 minutes is not going to be enough.

A pair of 2 liter bottles on m 29 worked fairly well.

1. 1 bubble every 2 mins means your mixture isn't doing well. 1 bubble every 3-8 seconds is the norm.

2. that little grey canister will never make enuf CO2 for your 29gal. I'd get a least one 2liter bottle for a CO2 vessel....maybe two.

Back
Top Bottom