How many fish can I stock at one time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis32

Aquarium Advice Regular
My aquatic store is a really long ways away (1 hour drive), so I can't go there whenever I want as it is totally inconvenient. So I need to make the most of every trip I make. Lol. I am just curious as to how many fish could I safely put in my aquarium at one time? It's a 75 gallon tank that is fully cycled, and if it matters I currently only have 5 zebra danios in it. I am currently wanting to start with five or six cory catfish and two or three Siamese algae eaters. Could I do all of those at once or do I need to split it between two or three visits?

Sent from my SM-G360P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you do that many at once the bacteria may not be able to handle the load for a few days. You can probably get by with frequent water tests and changes until the bacteria colony grows large enough to handle the new load.

How did you cycle the tank? If you dosed 4ppm ammonia and its able to process that in <24 hours, you'll be fine adding the Cory's and sae's together

Jesse

I used seeded media from another tank to cycle. That was 2 weeks ago.

55 gallon

My aquatic store is a really long ways away (1 hour drive), so I can't go there whenever I want as it is totally inconvenient. So I need to make the most of every trip I make. Lol. I am just curious as to how many fish could I safely put in my aquarium at one time? It's a 75 gallon tank that is fully cycled, and if it matters I currently only have 5 zebra danios in it. I am currently wanting to start with five or six cory catfish and two or three Siamese algae eaters. Could I do all of those at once or do I need to split it between two or three visits?

It sounds as if you're probably going to add them all anyway. I know how it is to be miles from a decent fish shop. If you do then you need to test water parameters daily and water change to bring ammonia and nitrite to below 0.25ppm. Using Prime daily will also give you some added protection. Don't over feed as you'll make the situation worse.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I ended up getting 6 cory catfish only. We decided to wait on getting anything else as I didn't want to overload the tank at once.

Back
Top Bottom