How many fish in a 20G tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPB94

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All, Im starting a 94 litre river reef tank and I want to know roughtly how many fish I should keep in it? Im planning to keep a yellow wrasse, 2 falso percula clowns and a yellow watchman goby. An advice?

Thanks

You can't keep all thoes fish. Way too much for that bioload. You can keep the pair of clowns but that's about it. I have a 30 gal and only have a pair of clowns and a damsel. The rest are corals and frags. I'd turn it into a reef with 2 clowns.

At the mo I'm keeping 2 False percula Clowns and a Yellow wrasse in just a 65 litre tank and they seem really happy and the Nitrate levels not high or anything...

I'd keep an eye for the first couple weeks in case of a spike. Till the bacteria can handle it's boiload.

DPB94 said:
Hi All, Im starting a 94 litre river reef tank and I want to know roughtly how many fish I should keep in it? Im planning to keep a yellow wrasse, 2 falso percula clowns and a yellow watchman goby. An advice?

Thanks

In a 20 tank your pretty much gonna be maxed out at 3 fish. Probably the clowns and the goby.

Well the fish combo that I really like and have had a lot of success with is... A purple firefish, a yellow clown goby or yellow watchman goby and a six line wrasse... Try it out you will enjoy it :)

Back
Top Bottom