How Many Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson_004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How many fish would you say id be safe with in a 55gal cichlid tank with a penguin 330 and 170 running on it?I want stictly blue and yellow coloured species so definately a few yellow labs,no peacocks had a bad experience with a few terrorizing my other fish before.I plan on getting a aquaclear 110 in a couple months hopefully but untill then how many would u suggest.thanks for any replies!!!

Well, you have a few options to go here.

in a 50 gallon i personally keep (and i know i am gonna get "what the heck are you doing?? You can't keep just 4 together!! You need more!!) ......

4 Ps. Demasoni (blue/black coloration)
6 Metriaclima heteropictus "Msobo Lundu Island"
9 Ps. Salousi
3 BN plecos

Also somewhere in the tank is 3 kuhli loaches (i know ... i am amazed at how they are surviving!!! Mostly cause they dig into my gravel)

I have added them all together (the cichlids that is) because my tank is VERY mature and could handle the bio-load (not to mention that i have an Ehiem 2213 and 2 AC 110's on it)

what i like about my mix is that all the cichlids are mbuna.
The Ps. Salousi males are a nice blue (similar to Demasoni) ... the Demasoni are REALLY a vibrant blue coloration.

The Ps. Salousi females are a nice yellow ... not as neon as yellow labs, but pretty damned close!

the Metriaclima heteropictus "Msobo Lundu Island" (rarer cichlid i ran into) are quite interesting as well. The males are this blueish/whitish color and the females are this golden color with a neon yellow fin to it.

You can see photos of my tank here in my Photo Gallery located at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8018

Back
Top Bottom