How many fry can an ADF eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a guppy tank for the purpose of providing guppy fry for my angels. There is also an ADF in the tank. One of the females I recently brought home was showing signs of ich, and I wasn't sure how well the ADF would handle the treatment so I transferred him to my 1 1/2 gallon "nursery" while I am treating. I have a female that is going to give birth soon, and I would normally QT her in the 1 1/2 gallon until she does, and then move her back. It makes it very easy to catch the fry, and not loose any to snacking. The thing is, I think the ADF prefers the 1 1/2g to being in the 10g with the guppies. If I leave the ADF in there for good, how many fry do you guys think he could eat in 12 hours or so before I notice the female has birthed them?

How big is the adf? They have a he'll of an appetite. I've never personally kept them but I know someone who did. I know that they eat...and eat...and eat...

He's tiny, but I think he's full grown for an ADF. I never really see him eat to tell you the truth. He's very shy. I only know he's eating blood worms because they vanish after I leave.

Sorry. I am being stupid. I assumed acf not adf. Haha clearly mistaken. I've actually never heard of adf eating fry but I have only kept like 2 of them. Sorry for the confusion and lack of help :(

Very possible all of them! I suggest getting a live bearer breeder trap. So it separates the babies. Once my swordtail gave birth to 20 fry. 1 survived and he bas hiding behind the submersible heater. Hope this helped somewhat.

-Dylan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom