How many hours do you work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many hours do you work?

• less than 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20

• 21-30

• 31-40

• 41 and over

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
The Washington Post has a whole section on labor today, and they were talking about how people used to work 80 hour weeks and such. I'm just curious to know how many hours people here work at their job (that doesn't include fish tank time unless you own a fish store :lol: ) I work 40 hours at one job, and ~4 hours at my other job (I clean a house for extra money)

On call 24/7. I am a full time college student 5 days a week.

i guess you could say i'm on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week . i'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys.

I work a whole 0 hrs a week. Being a student takes allot out of ya, especially when you got to student teach and stuff. I am tryin to find a job though, just for a little extra money for fish and the bars :wink: .

Administrative Assistant in the Estimating Dept. of a general construction corp. I work roughly 44 hours a week, and that is just my normal schedule, not including the days I come in early or stay late.

Me too Goldy, 24/7 here, Mom of two boys 3 and 9. Husband works 40 at a computer memory/modem/flashcards etc. technical support only one in his dept. :)

35-40 hours/week @ the Hilton, Banquet Assistant Manager
15 semester/hours @ Sam Houston State Univ., MIS major.
168 hours/week working on or thinking about my tanks. :roll:

I voted for 41+, but that all depends on workload. Especially since I telecommute 2 days a week.

I'm another student, and I've put myself in the <10 hrs/wk category. But, well, that just depends on how you define "work." :mrgreen:

Our office hours are 8am-4:30pm.

Hope those of you who acutally get to take labor day off are enjoying the holiday. I know the roads where a bit less conjested this morning on my way into the office.

Normally 40 hrs/week, but for the last 6 weeks we have been working 7-12's, the last 2 weeks of it are at night to meet a FAA deadline to get a new International Runway open. I am about done from sleep depravation and not seeing my wife & son.

Technically, 40 hours /week.

but if I add my commute time = 60 hours /week.

AND if I count the time that I have a pager and am "on-call" = 168 hours /week (that's 24/7 if you don't have a calculator handy).

Darn... Now I'm depressed.

I work about 40 hrs a week between at home work and about 10 hours a week at a group home for delinqent teen boys ( I used to do this full time but it got to be to much ) :D

Teacher - 55 hours
40 hours @ school
15ish hours doing schoolwork @ home

And people thought we just worked 8-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom