How many male guppies in a 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to get some male guppies for my 10 gallon planted tank but I'm not sure how many I can have. Some sites say you can't have any, some say only 4 and another said 10

IMO I'd do 5 male guppies in a 10, but with 2 females and a male or 2 males and a female you'll be good to. Just be prepared to deal with babies, as they make a LOT

I agree I think 5-6 male guppies would work well for a planted ten gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 6 male guppies in my ten gallon and they seem very happy. I'd say thats the max though.

Thanks guys. I ended up getting 5 on Friday. They have settled in nicely. Just need to think of some names for them

I want to get some male guppies for my 10 gallon planted tank but I'm not sure how many I can have. Some sites say you can't have any, some say only 4 and another said 10

IMO, you could have up to 10, if there's only males. Otherwise as soon as they start having babies you'll be up to your eyeballs in guppies! Also, if you have 10 you will need to do regular water changes and keep up with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom