How many more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read i could put a hifin pleco in the tank would that work

I have a bushynose in with my Mbunas. They all grew up together and the Mbunas ignore Jed. It's like he isn't there, which is a good thing.
But, when I feed Jed his NLS wafer the Mbunas go nuts trying to steal it from each other.
I feed the all the mbunas first, then while they are chowing down I put the wafer in. They all turn like Piranha and race for the wafer, it's both funny and a pain.
So while they are pulling the wafer out of each others mouths. I have to hide another one were Jed will find it and the others won't.
I don't know anything about the Hifin Pleco, but I would say the most important part of the Placo is if your tank is large enough. And if you have enough filtration happening, given the extra bio-load Plecos put on the filter system.

so could i add a pair of kenyi or anymore at all.

The Kenyi, and only 2, are only if you loose the RZ first.

The Pleco is only if you get a MUCH bigger tank.

Otherwise you are at capacity for your tank size. Mbunas get to be a descent sized fish. They aren't Oscars or Bala Sharks but they do need space, not just water.

So no more fish. Start looking for a larger tank that you can afford.

Back
Top Bottom